Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pizza hot dogs

While watching or shall I say listening to the Travel Channels 101 best places to eat...the hubby was mesmerized by a pizza hot dog. The bread was a pizza roll cut in half, stuffed with two deep fried hot dogs, peppers and onions, and what looked like agratin potatoes, then topped with pizza sauce. OMG!!! Talk about a heartburn special..lol. So I thought I would make something that still gave him the flavor of a pizza with his hot dog. This is what I came up with.

Salami sliced in strips
Pepperoni sliced in strips
Pizza sauce
Shredded cheese
Steak rolls
Hot dogs

I preheated the oven to 450°F. Lined a 9" pan with foil and place steak rolls open inside.
I spread the pizza sauce fairly thick on the rolls, then sprinkled some cheese on top of that.
I microwaved the hot dogs just enough to heat them through. Then split them in half.
Place one hot dog in each bun with it open like a butterflied steak.
Top with strips of salami and pepperoni.
Place one half of the third hot dog on top of the hot dog and salami.
Put a bit more pizza sauce on top of the whole thing...
And top with cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and place in the center of the oven.
Bake for about 10 minutes, uncover and bake until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment