Sunday, February 10, 2013

Copycat Chili's Spicy Garlic & Lime Shrimp

I came across a great deal on some shrimp at Bel Air! They had two pounds of shrimp for $10! I had to jump on it! I could eat my weight in shrimp...hmmm probably not something I should admit...lol

Anyway I love love love the shrimp at Chili's so I went searching for a copycat recipe. I have searched high and low and I think this is the closest I can find. I am going to make it tonight by the recipe, which is how I do most new recipes - try them how they are written and then change them to my taste if need be.

I found the recipe here at Food.com

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 clove of garlic pressed
  • 24 fresh large shrimp peeled and deveined
  • 1 lime
Seasoning:
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
Directions:
Make the seasoning blend by combining all the spices in a small bowl.
 
My $5 Monday deal from Bel Air. Two pounds for $10!!
 
*A quick tutorial on an easy and quick way to peel shrimp.
  • First peel back the sides of the skin that has been split by deveining and place your index and thumb under it grabbing the sides of the shrimp.
  • Second slide your fingers down from the sides of the shrimp just above the legs and start to squeeze the shrimp from the skin.
  • Third, as you are squeezing the legs and shell from the skin grab hold of the base of the tail and squeeze and pull gently. Viola! The skin should come off!
 

Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
Add butter to the pan.
When the butter is melted, stir in the pressed garlic.

 
Immediately, add the shrimp to the pan.

 
Cut the lime in half and squeeze each half into the pan over the shrimp.
Sprinkle the entire seasoning blend over the shrimp, and give it all a good stir.

 
Saute the shrimp for 5 to 8 minutes or until they begin to brown.


Be sure to cook both sides of all the shrimp.

When I fixed this there was too much butter and liquid to get that nice crunchy crust to it. So next time I will either cut down on the butter or I will instead of cooking them in a pan, do them on the grill. But either way they were soooo tasty!!! Loved them in the shrimp tacos we made. Definitely worth another go around to tweak the recipe here and there. I will let you know when I revamp it. But I hope you try this and enjoy it as much as we did!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment